Karl and Jenny Teichert – One Challenge – South Africa
- Prayer for reaching the unreached in South Africa and Madagascar.
- Short update can be found here.
Dean Kershner – Gospelink Malawi
- I went over for one week in October. I was able to see the new school and review the growing chicken production.
- Praise God for a long term prayer. Power is coming to the Ag Center
- God continues to mold hearts and attitudes in a mold of service and teamwork among our Malawians at Harvest Hope Home.
Joel and Elaine Loewen – Send International – Japan
- Praise for all that we learned and experienced with our tour guide, Moshe Bronstein. He is working together with others to set up a museum and learning center in Wilsey, KS.
- Praise for our trip, it was a wonderful and unique way to celebrate 35 years of marriage. We also enjoyed building friendships and worshiping with others in the tour group, most of whom live in Kansas.
- Pray for my (Joel’s) simultaneous translation of the message (into English) on Nov. 10th, that it will be understandable to those who hear.
- Our Community Group (the small group ministry at our church) meets on Thursday nights from 7-9. Pray that we will get to know each other and learn together as we discuss and apply the previous Sunday’s message.
Catharine Coon – World Venture – Hope Alive! – Uganda
- Praise that Bethany Baptist Church approved funding three smaller projects in Uganda.
- Pray that God will work out the taxing issues in Uganda for the NGO and Christmas project materials.
- New board members for Hope Alive! Ask God to clearly direct us to those whom he would like to loin our board.
Child Evangelism Fellowship – Good News Club – Sterling, VA
- Due to change of administration at Meadowland and with new policies, our Meadowland Good News club could not continue there this year.
- Praise that we were able to assume a club at Rolling Ridge where the previous team could not continue.
- Praise for new team member- Rich Kim. In addition to Rich, our other team members are Larry Lindsay, Megan Thayer, Lynn Sipes, Ron Baker, Sandra Yesawich, and Wayne Genter.
- Prayer request: Loudoun County Public School system now has imposed significant limitations on how we can promote the club, even to let the parents know the Good News Club is active and their child is welcome to attend. As a result, our registrations only number four. We would love to bring the gospel to many more that need to hear it.
- Prayer request: Pray for our Good News Team to be faithful, prepared, and clear as we present God’s truths each week. Pray for the hearts of our clubbers to be open and receive God’s message that He has for each.
- Prayer request: For healing for Megan. Megan has been our Bible Lesson teacher plus the glue that keeps a lot of the parts working.
Evangelism at NOVA Community College:
- Continue to pray for the evangelism occurring at NOVA Community College
PBC Mission Committee:
- Prayer for if and who we should support additional missionaries
- Should we partner with Pastor Majewski?
- Several other organization and missionaries
- Prayer for guidance for 2020 Short Term Mission (STM) trips. Some options we are considering are:
- Dominican Republic with Empowering Action
- South Africa with the Teichert
- Uganda with Catharine
- Lansing IA with Pastor Matthew